
Eddie and I went to the lake Wednesday night. I am so glad we didn't wait until morning, because waking up at the lake on such a beautiful day was so pleasant. The sun was shining and it was WARM! How is that for the week before Christmas? We worked in the yard, and while we were talking to our neighbor Gary Moore, he noticed that we had a snake sunning himself on our front stoop. None to soon Eddie had killed it. It looked like a poisonous one to me with its viper shaped head and colorful marking and about 40 inches long. After looking it up on-line, it turned out to be a brown water snake. Eddie had guessed it right.
I am including a picture of this kind of snake. I didn't have my camera with me so I borrowed this picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment